Thursday, February 12, 2009

I love...

The great thing about having nothing to do is rediscovering the small pleasures which I had taken for granted.

I love standing under the shower, while the warm water runs down my neck and shoulders. It doesnt last long. There is always something that needs to be done immediately. But for those few moments, bliss.

Opening a can of diet coke on a warm Pune afternoon is absolutely shiver-worthy. You might think life without cola is worth living but trust me it isn't.

I love it when I have neatly folded the last bit of clothing lying all over the room. The feeling lasts only till the next day but right now I am gazing at a clean room and it's glorious.

I love putting on kohl first thing in the morning.

I love it when my dog invites me for some quality time by lying on his back. I know he is using his eyes to draw me into rubbing his stomach. It always works.

I love the feeling when someone runs their finger through my hair.

I love the sound that my stilettoes make when I walk down the stairs.

I love the smell of vanilla.

I love being a control-freak.

I love the feeling of doing something right no matter how inconsequential, such as guessing the right time without looking at the watch.

I love sunshine. They say you cant feel your body produce vitamin D but I think I can.

I love using my ring finger to dab lip balm on my lips. And that happens every 10 minutes.

I love taking walks with friends, discussing Pune International Film Festival to discussing the newest couple on campus.

I love looking at myself every time I pass the mirror after I get a hair cut. Actually I love looking at myself everytime I pass the mirror.

I like being tired at the same time when my bed is neatly made and there is plenty of time to sleep, I love the feeling of curling up in the bed nuzzled up to Munchkin and sleeping. I do have plenty of time now days but the other two rarely happen.

I like the feeling of knowing that when you read this, you will think of your own little pleasures. So let your hair down, relax and enjoy the small pleasures. Because they are totally free.

2 comments:

  1. love this post!!! n yeah, love it when your room is neat and all clothes are folded.... bcz it's so so so rare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...u ve no right to say that...cuz u hardly come to our room :|

    ReplyDelete