Thursday, February 19, 2009

Let's set the mood right

Now that I have written on a mandatory banal topic (for the uninitated please read the last Post), I think I no longer deserve to be called a newbie blogger (hint hint). I have often wondered what should be the tone of my blog. I dissected every bit of my psyche to see if I could use any of my personality traits as a possible mood for the blog.

Some of the things that I narrowed down upon were:

  • It could be vain
  • It could be cutely wicked
  • It could be classy and sophisticated
  • It could be arrogant and brash,
  • Or maybe Opiniated and stubborn
  • It could be childishly silly and chatty
  • It could also be about other people's lives and me commenting on them (trust me it is the easiest thing to do)
  • It could be quirky and strange
  • It could be non-conformist
  • It could be about making the wrong choices
  • Hell it could even be about my dog!

But finally I decided it should be like my mood swings, unpredictable and refreshingly different (yes yes my mood swings are refreshing). Well, some mean friends of mine (damn you again mean friends :P) think it is not so much of my mood swings as a case of multiple personality disorder (the reader is free to pick his/her side, but I sure do hope they go with 'mood swings' for their own good! 'caution naive reader - it would be wise on your part to view this as a veiled threat' ).

Being an Aquarian the one thing that can really bore the daylights out of me is something that is predictable and I didnt want my blog to be that. Cutting to the chase, for the benefit of the confused reader, "please don't feel violated because you expected to read something interesting but all you got was a post about my moral beliefs or my footwear, it is not me, no no, it is just one of those wretched mood swings I tell you".

And anyways who cares what the tone of the blog is as long as you like what you read.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Only the willingness to debate and respect each other’s views keeps the spirit of democracy and freedom alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at this new website www.indianewsupdates.com . It has various interesting sections. You can also participate in the OPINION POLL in this website. There is one OPINION POLL for each section. You can also comment on its news and feature articles.

    You also get Live Cricket , News Updates, Opinion Polls, Movie Reviews and Mobile Phone Reviews in this website.


    Kindly go through the entire website. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for. If you like this website, can you please recommend it to at least 5 of your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.

    Thank you,

    The Future Mantra

    ReplyDelete