Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Who is your soulmate?" And others....

I knew that things had gone too far when I started to take random quizzes on Facebook. As the person who sniggered at those who took quizzes like-

'What Will Your Soul Mates Name Start With?' (yeah rite!)

'Which 2008 song are you' (really??!!),

'The ultimate bitch quiz' (yes shimonti, they do have this quiz),

'Which Historically Misunderstood Person Are You Most Likely to Befriend ?' (yes yes please tell me)

It's amazin how they have covered the entire gamut of subjects, from history to nuero sciences, from music to the nuances of roman architecture. Couple of things that strike me are who, pray tell me, who are these people that are designing these quizzes? What kind of sad circumstantial existence would compel a human being to come up with..No, think of such a quiz? How does it happen, are they hit by a bolt of lightening that messes them up so much so that they create these quizzes or do they just wake up one fine day and think "which breed of dog/bitch do I resemble the most? Oh maybe there are people out there who wanna know it too...let me design a quiz for them" And Bingo a quiz is born!

But I will be honest I no longer have the moral authority to insult 'the quiz takers' because i fell prey to one such 'Who is your soulmate' quiz (the reader at this point should note that my non-happenin life makes me highly guillible to such fantastically optimistic sounding quizzes) Tenaciously I answered all the questions and hit the submit button... processing..processing...the wait was killing me...give me my result damn it! After a few nervous seconds the result was there in front of me....It'd ve restored my faith in these quizzes had the answer been 'Imran Khan' (the cricketer and not the actor puhleez!....for ppl who dunno he is my soul mate, only he doesnt know it yet :P) however, the result was more detailed, it read,

"Your future lover should be someone with class.You belong with someone polite and never afraid to admit their mistakes. They will help you see the good in life and appreciate everything."

I tried to figure out who, of all the people I knew, fits the bill...oh wait, why worry.. there is "What Will Your Soul Mates Name Start With?" and then maybe someone can come up with "What is the second letter of your soulmates name?" and so on...I sure as hell hope after im done with these quizzes the name reads -I-M-R-A-N K-H-A-N !

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...Jemima, Liz Hurley and....Miss Kashmo Durgesh. A hard act to follow but I'm sure you'll carry it off well. Keep your fingers crossed lassie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See it didn't work out for them because I am his soul mate...For his own good I hope he realizes it sooner than later :D

    ReplyDelete